Saturday, May 5, 2018

May 6, 2018

Hello! This is Jared, letting everyone know that we are still doing alright. Some things have been happening though.

John has been super busy at work, so he said that is making the days go by fast. We have the same day off, and that is today, so we will actually get to see each other for a while today. I got news a couple days ago that I would be moving rooms and switching shifts, which involves me packing all of my stuff, carrying it about 50 yards and upstairs, then unpacking it again. I did that yesterday, which was not much fun. Also, I was working midnight to noon, now I’ll be working noon to midnight, so I have to completely change my sleep schedule. It is ok though, John and I will now be working at the same time. Also on the plus side, the bed in my old room was about 20 years past it’s prime. My new bed is only about 5 years past it’s prime. So an upgrade!

I found out yesterday by experience that while you are deployed, there is absolutely nothing to do on days of other than eat, workout, and hang out in your room. I was in the room most of the day because if I go anywhere, I have to be in uniform. It’s nice being in your room so you can wear whatever you want.

I’ve been getting several cards and packages, so thank you everyone for those. It is so great to get mail here. I feel like our time here is going by quickly, so that is good. That’s it for now! Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment